Each year the Society creates a programme of 15 to 20 study visits across Scotland to a range of very different and very interesting sites looking at all aspects of our sector. Trips typically last from 10:00 to 16:00 and count for 6 hours CPD for ICF members. You are free to join us, on any of our visits; please contact us and make yourself known to the organiser in order that we can greet you.
We want our field trips to be enjoyable and informative but, above all, safe. Here are our guidelines on safety during excursions.
- You take part in a trip at your own risk.
- Let the leader know if you have any condition which may affect how you participate.
- Obey all safety instructions. Be aware of your surroundings and don’t take risks.
- Keep in contact with the group and notify the leader if you wish to leave the group early.
- Wear or carry clothing and footwear suitable for a day out in any terrain or weather conditions.
- Ensure your footwear is clean.
- Bring adequate food, a packed lunch, and drink for the type of activity and weather conditions.
- Please do not smoke.
The organisers reserve the right to change or cancel trips if circumstances dictate.